Kerala is a popular tourist destination in India, known for its stunning landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and welcoming locals. However, like any other tourist destination, Kerala is not immune to scams targeting unsuspecting visitors. Tourist scams can range from simple pickpocketing to more elaborate schemes that can cost you hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
To help you avoid falling victim to tourist scams in Kerala, we have compiled a list of dos and don’ts that you should keep in mind during your visit.
- Research beforehand: Before embarking on your trip to Kerala, research about the common tourist scams in the area. This will help you to be aware of the scams and avoid falling prey to them.
- Book with a trusted travel agency: Book your tours and travels with a trusted travel agency like Troper Tours. They are experts in the local area and have insider knowledge about how to navigate around the city safely.
- Keep your valuables safe: Be sure to keep your valuables such as passport, cash, and credit cards in a safe place. Avoid carrying large sums of cash with you, and do not leave your belongings unattended.
- Negotiate prices beforehand: When purchasing items from local vendors, negotiate the price beforehand to avoid being overcharged.
- Be cautious of strangers: While it’s good to meet new people during your travels, be cautious of strangers who approach you offering to show you around or take you to a particular place. Stick to pre-booked tours and guides, and avoid taking rides from strangers.
- Don’t give out personal information: Do not give out your personal information such as your hotel address, phone number, or email address to strangers.
- Don’t accept unsolicited help: If someone offers to help you with your luggage or shows you around without being asked, be cautious. It’s best to politely decline and move on.
- Don’t fall for “free” offers: If someone offers you a “free” ride or tour, be cautious. These offers often come with hidden fees, or the person may demand a large tip at the end of the service.
- Don’t take unauthorized taxis: Avoid taking unauthorized taxis or rickshaws. Instead, book taxis through a trusted service like Troper Tours, or ask your hotel for recommendations.
- Don’t ignore your instincts: Trust your instincts. If something feels off, it’s best to avoid it. Be aware of your surroundings and always stay alert.
By following these dos and don’ts, you can minimize the risk of falling victim to tourist scams in Kerala. Remember to stay alert, be cautious, and book your tours and travels with a trusted agency like Troper Tours.
At Troper Tours, we prioritize the safety and security of our clients. Our team of experts will guide you through your travels in Kerala, ensuring that you have a hassle-free and memorable experience. Contact us today to book your tour and explore the beauty of Kerala without any worries.